Wednesday 30 July 2014

Magic moments:- when Arjan discovered how to roll (18months old)

We have been trying for months on end in fact, 18 months on end, to try and get Arjan to roll. Whether it was the physiotherapist, Tony, or myself we found it extremely difficult. He would cry, whinge and moan throughout which made it extremely difficult for us to do the exercises. After 18 months of crying every single day, even three times a day, we started to feel like we were fighting a losing battle. But then something amazing happened. 

One afternoon we went to visit Arjan's new born cousin. Arjan was on carpeted lounge floor where he had some of his toys around him just to keep them occupied whilst I was able to see my new baby niece. A couple of minutes later my three-year-old niece came running up to me saying " aunty, Arjan was in the fireplace!" Shocked by her comment I have turned around and saw him in the fireplace. I was a bit baffled to how we got there because even though he was only 18 months old he was just as tall as my 3year-old niece. And there was no way she would've been able to carry him. So I pick them up and put them back in the centre of the Lounge near his toys again. But as I was walking away from him I felt like I needed to turn around and that's when it happened. Arjan started to roll towards the fireplace again.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I've run across the living room into the conservatory and was screaming with joy at tony telling him what Arjan had done. 

Although I've can never bring back that moment where he first rolled I'm managed to film him the following day rolling. 

So here it is guys the day after Aj and discovered how to roll. I hope you find joy in watching this video and see that miracles can happen. 

Enjoy ! 



1 comment: